Hi! Here's an update on what's been going on since my last post...
- 9/1: Hurricane Gustav came and went...Baton Rouge (where I live) was hit pretty hard - A tree missed falling on my house by inches...but it missed all the same! I stayed in Covington with my family for about a week and then returned to BR
- 9/13: Hurricane Ike tore through Houston (I hope all of my Houston readers were spared any loss)
- 9/13: After 13 days our power came back on
- 9/13 & 9/20: LSU won 2 more games!
- 9/17 - 9/20: I attended an adult weight management conference in San Francisco and once I pass the post-test I will be certified in the area
Wow...what a month! I have been so busy teaching dance and choreographing (I was asked to choreograph for the Saintsations, the New Orleans NFL dance team). My goal for October is to set aside more time to blog, at least once a week. While I'm not working as a dietitian, this is the best way for me to "keep my feet wet". I'll blog about what I learned at the conference once I pass the test.
I've been wanting to write my thoughts on High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) for a while (especially since all of those commercials supporting it have been on TV). This morning I noticed that one of my favorite nutritionists, Marion Nestle, wrote an article for the San Francisco Chronicle about HFCS. Please read it! HFCS is not the devil, but it is found in devilish foods (i.e. junk food). So I personally avoid most products that are made with it (surprise, I don't buy much junk food!).
Hope everyone is doing well!