Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Few Things...

So if you haven't already noticed, Deliciously Golden is on facebook...look over on the right hand side of this page and click on the "Find us on Facebook" button!

Also, make sure if you subscribe to DG via email (either recently or in the past), make sure you check your email afterwards to confirm...and you may have to check your spam mail. I'm pretty sure the email comes from my address (bburas1@gmail.com). You won't get the updates unless you do this! There are several people on my subscriber list that haven't confirmed, and I can't confirm for you!

I love comments, so if you have any thoughts/ideas/questions, please leave a comment for me to read and respond to!

And by the way, every week CEiMB picks the best photograph from all of the participants. Last week my pic of the chocolate pie won!

2 comments:

  1. This past weekend I went blueberry picking at a "U-Pick-It" Farm in Covington. It was a blast....We picked 32 cups of fresh, ripe, organic blueberries and it was only $20!

    Of course once I got home, the next step was to find every receipe with blueberries I could find. We (Justin's mom and I) made 2 recipes: a blueberry cobbler, and a blueberry lemon coffe cake that I found on cooking light. The coffe cake was by far my favorite!

    It was SO GOOD, I thought I would share: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1065485

    I added extra lemon juice (about a tablespoon more than it calls for). Blair any suggestions on how to make this healthier?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say since its from CookingLight, its already about as healthy as it can be...I would use half whole wheat flour (either pastry or white whole wheat)...that way you get a little more fiber because the flour isn't so refined.

    Here's a recipe for blueberry margarita's...right up your and Hil's alley.

    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/blueberry_margarita.html

    ReplyDelete