- Breakfast - oatmeal (1 ptk plain instant Nature's Path oatmeal, a handful of King Arthur Harvest Grains Blend, 3 figs, 1 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, skim milk, a few walnuts, 2 tsp sugar, splash of vanilla)
- Lunch - same Chicken Sate salad as yesterday; cucumbers and eggplant dip
- Snack - yogurt and small iced latte
- Dinner - pork chops, turnips, green beans, and a salad; 2 - 3 glasses wine
- Snack - peach buttermilk ice cream and a 100 cal dark chocolate bar
Today was my day off from running and I had a few errands to run plus a marathon hair appointment (I'm literally there for 3 hours), so I knew breakfast needed to hold me over until 2pm. A smoothie would definitely not do. I decided to have a filling bowl of oatmeal with a little fruit/nut combo. I decided to add a little cream cheese to up the creaminess factor.
I finally had lunch around 2:30 and I was pretty hungry...should have packed a snack! Around the same time I made the ice cream. I had a surplus of peaches that were on the verge of going bad and buttermilk left over from the cupcakes I made on Sunday. It's really good right out of the machine, but it gets a little icy once it goes in the freezer. Still tastes good though and it's a low-cal fruit based dessert...gotta love it!
Dinner was at a friends house for a little girls night get together. I was in charge of the wine, Jackie the salad, and Jennifer everything else. The pork chops were unexpectedly good! And I don't know if I've ever really had turnips...they were good too. Jennifer and her husband sort of do the "low-carb" thing, hence the absence of starch with the meal. I jokingly fussed at one point when she was adding a 1/4 of a stick of butter to a pot of green beans that were already cooked with bacon and butter...they were really good though!
This is a perfect example of normal healthy eating. I always eat what someone else is serving...no reason to not eat something that isn't up to my "everyday nutritional standards". I had 2 servings of the butter/bacon coated beans! I figured I had eaten well all day, so what if there was a little extra fat in the meal. It's all about balance!
And double dessert?!? Must have been the wine!