- Breakfast: Green smoothie (1/2 avocado, 1 frozen banana, 8 oz OJ, 1 cup spinach, ice); coffee (Cool Brew, 6 oz milk, 2 tsp half & half); water
- Lunch: Pimento cheese sandwich on sprouted whole grain bread; mini cherry pie Larabar; water
- Taught 1:00 – 5:30 (had a Starbucks grande soy coffee frappaccino…LOVE!; plus water)
- Snack: apple and hot chocolate
- Taught 8:30 – 9:30
- Dinner: Turkey chili with Saltines; Nicoise salad (same as yesterday and the day before, minus the salmon…got enough protein from the chili)
On the days when I actually dance (meaning not just teach) I sometimes give my self a break from working out…that’s what happened yesterday and today. I spent the morning choreographing which is a good enough workout for me!
I packed my lunch today knowing that I wasn’t going to have time to run home and eat. Planning ahead! I love pimento cheese…such a treat. It reminds me of my mom. Hers was straight mayo, shredded cheddar, and jarred pimentos. But you know me, I had to do something a little more fun!
I followed this recipe but used Greek yogurt instead of mayo. When the flavor of the mayo is overshadowed by stronger ingredients (such as cheese) I have no problem completely swapping it for yogurt. Chicken salad, in my opinion, needs some mayo…the chicken has too mild of a flavor and I don’t want to taste the yogurt.
Two sweetened drinks today! Not good! I don’t want to drink my calories! I had planned on the frapp (did you notice I didn’t sweeten my first coffee?). But it is FREEZING outside and the studio is nearly as cold. They sell hot chocolate and I needed something warm.
I was totally planning on having the “salad of the week” for dinner, but Hil cooked chili! Can you believe it? On Monday Adam called me bright and early for mom’s chili recipe…which sadly I don’t have. But I do have one that I think tastes just like it. Later that day Hil texted me for the same thing! Must have been the cold weather.
She wanted to “lighten” it up, so I told her to halve the oil, swap ground turkey for the ground beef, and use only one pound. It was delish! She can cook after all! And by the way, Saltines are a must with chili…no whole wheat crackers allowed.
I followed-up the bowl of chili with a salad…gotta get my veggies!
Making over-night oats then off to bed. First lesson is at 9:30am and last one ends at 7:30pm…it’s been such a busy week!