Thursday, January 13, 2011

What I Eat (Day 4)

  • Breakfast – Overnight Oats (1 cup Oikos, 1/2 cup magic muesli from Whole Foods, 1/4 cup Silk soy eggnog…I was out of milk!, sprinkle of granola); 16 oz water
  • Snack – Iced coffee (Cool Brew, 6 oz milk, 2 tsp condensed milk, 2 tsp half & half); French bread…hot from the store!
  • Lunch – pimento cheese panini on French bread; carrots and hummus
  • Snack – Tall soy latte from Starbucks
  • Taught 5:00 – 6:30 and took class 7:00 - 8:30 (had an apple on my break; 24 oz water)
  • Dinner – Jimmy Johns Beach Club with no mayo (on white bread) and skinny chips; bite of Hil’s chili with a few saltines; an orange; water

It was kind of an unusual day.  I was supposed to teach a dance lesson at 9:30 this morning, so I was up early which means my breakfast was earlier than normal.  But then it got cancelled because the girl’s pipes were frozen (it is unbelievably cold here!).  I ended up with an open morning, which was perfect because I needed to work on a few things for a 3:30 nutrition appointment. 

photo (10)

I’m loving overnight oats…I’ve finally found a breakfast I’m enjoying again.  When I take them out of the fridge in the morning they are really thick…too thick.  I always add a little milk to thin it out, but this morning I was out of milk.  The soy eggnog that’s been in the refrigerator since Christmas worked perfectly (it hasn’t expired yet, I promise!).  I loved the nutmeg flavor it gave the oats…worked well with the spices of the granola.

While I was out running a few errands, I started feeling hungry again.  I guess I’m not used to eating breakfast so early.  It;s hard for me to resist the freshly baked, warm French bread that they put up by the grocery registers.  Like I said, I was hungry and of course when I got to the checkout line it was there staring at me…I totally gave in, bought a loaf, and actually ate a handful driving home in the car!

photo (11)

The pimento panini was AMAZNIGLY GOOD!  Crunchy bread and gooey, melted cheese; how could it not be?  Followed that up with a soy latte from Starbucks (that’s where I was meeting my nutrition client).  I only had a tall because it was my second coffee of the day.  I’m not doing too hot on the green tea resolution (but I am drinking a lot more water).

Here’s where the second change in my day happened.  I was also supposed to have a private lesson at 6:30…but it got cancelled too!  What’s up with today?  The weather gets a little cold and everyone needs to stay home?!?  JK :)

I took class instead.  And then had sandwich number two for the day.  Jimmy John’s has become a once a week thing since I move into my apartment.  It’s close to Hil’s house, so I pick up a sandwich after I leave the studio and then go hang out with her.

Critiques of today: Not enough variety (2 coffees and 2 sandwiches…both on white bread); NO salad (meaning not enough veggies…Who am I?  At least there were sprouts, cucumbers, and tomatoes on my sandwich);  no green tea!  Oh well, nobody said a dietitian has to be “perfect”!

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of the overnight oats. Sounds interesting! And very healthy!!!

    ReplyDelete