Monday, August 02, 2010

What I Eat (Day 2)

  

It was a busy day…2 private dance lessons at 8:30 and 10:00, a nutrition consult, and 4 hours of teaching.  It’s 10:00 and I just ate dinner…back into the routine!
  • breakfast: overnight oats…1/2 cup Anderson Trails Granola soaked overnight in about 1 cup yogurt (1/2 FAGE 0%, 1/2 Wallaby Vanilla), plus a peach added this morning; a fig; water
  • snack: iced latte with skim, splash of 1/2&1/2, and a teaspoon or 2 of condensed milk; 1 tablespoon of almond butter
  • lunch:  almond butter and strawberry jelly sandwich on Great Harvest Woodstock Bread (100% whole grain); 2 figs
  • dinner:  apple; tuna salad (tuna, celery, relish, eggs, mayo/Greek yogurt blend, Dijon) over romaine with 1/2 of an avocado
  • snack:  mango buttermilk ice cream; handful of granola
peach2

I really like overnight oats.  They get so thick and creamy, but are cool enough for hot summer mornings (unlike oatmeal, which I don’t like eating after I run in the morning…too hot!).  Sometimes I use granola, sometimes muesli, sometimes plain oats…about 1/2 a cup.  Always soaked overnight in about 6 – 8 ounces of yogurt (about 1 cup).  Always with fruit.  Perfect breakfast in my mind…protein, calcium, fiber, fruit…filling and delicious.

fig

I didn’t have time to eat lunch until after my nutrition consult, so I needed a little something to hold me over until then.  A spoon of AB did the trick.   Plus a latte, made from Cool Brew, a local product made by a company based in New Orleans.  SO much cheaper than Starbucks.  And it’s really good.  No bitterness typical of most iced coffee.

iced coffee

After dance I was so glad I had an apple in my purse…a common occurrence.  I try to throw one in my bag, on my way out the door everyday.  An apple tastes so good when you are hungry! 
Dinner was quick to prepare.  Already had the tuna salad made, the romaine washed and chopped, and the avocado halved (it was a leftover half…I don’t pre-cut them to save time). 

tuna salad

My evaluation of today…not enough veggies.  None with lunch and not much with dinner (romaine and celery).  And maybe too much added sugar (yogurt, latte, jelly, ice cream, and granola)  I’ll make sure I make up for it tomorrow!  It’s all about balance, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment