I had 2 clients today and hadn’t been able to work on their nutrition analyses all weekend. So when I arrived back at my apartment around 5:30pm I got to work…and continued working until past midnight (I stopped for dinner…had the last of the quinoa with some carrots and edamame hummus). This morning I woke up early to finish. I need more non-tired hours in the day!
After my meeting I needed a nap, but I also needed groceries…so I went to the store first (gotta have food!) and then took a quick nap. Before heading to the studio I made peach-pecan chicken salad (recipe coming tomorrow or Wednesday), had lunch, and worked on a little choreo. Studio from 3:30 – 9:30…and now I’m home! Another busy day tomorrow, and then Wednesday I can finally relax (and sleep). Oh the life of a teacher/choreographer/dietitian.
- breakfast – Wallaby vanilla and a peach; water
- pre-nap snack – fig and piece of French bread
- lunch – grilled cheese, tomato, and pesto sandwich or French; water
- snack – half of the usual latte; water
- dinner – peach-pecan chicken salad (veggies include celery and shredded carrots) over romaine; a fig; chocolate covered cranberries from Nantucket; water
I make a huge batch of pesto each summer and freeze it in mini-muffin tins…and then once the little discs are solid pop them in a zip-top bag. Pesto year round! I can’t stand store bought pesto!
The chicken salad is incredible (thanks to the perfectly summer-sweet peaches). One of my favorite dancer moms told me about this recipe (remember, the one who makes the chicken and feta tabbouleh?), but I couldn’t find it online so I improvised. Once she makes me a copy of the recipe I’ll have to compare. I’ll have the recipe to you ASAP.